During each lesson, a specific facet of product development will be explained by means of a PowerPoint presentation:
- The definition and characteristics of a good industrial product from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- The principles of design thinking.
- The various interdisciplinary analysis techniques that provide insight into the use, market context and technique of an existing (household) product.
- The design, the activities that take place within and offering different models.
- The basic pronciples of creative thinking and problem solving and initiating simple techniques.
- Redesign an existing product
Applying simple research and observation techniques for an interdisciplinary analysis of an existing product (e.g. hand mixer, screwdriver, hairdryer, ...) by users questioning and observation, market positioning and technical analysis of an existing product. To be performed in group, reporting on an interdisciplinary product analysis. Drawing up a list of specifications of an improved version of the product.
Generation of various creative alternative solutions that meet the requirements. Optimizing and selecting the final concept based on the morphological map and trade-off. Presentation of the study and the result in a report.
- Quick Designs (4 sessions / exercises)
During these sessions, simple design challenges should be carried out for a limited time and visualized in a simple manner.