1) This course consists of various reading, writing, listening and speaking exercises to improve students’ English to a C1 level.
2) Students are introduced to the grammar theory through mini-lecturers or preparatory self-study. Controlled practice is undertaken
- in class through individual and pairwork written exercises and quizzes
- at home through exercises from the textbook for which answer keys are provided
3) Students prepare presentations on topics/issues that have recently been featured in the English-medium press. Students in the audience provide brief feedback, ask content-related questions and identify both language errors and new vocabulary items.
4) Students practise composing short texts which integrate the grammatical structures covered on the course. In preparation for their final writing task at the end of the semester, students submit a short text mid-semester for formative assessment. The feedback on this text is intended to help students identify areas that require improvement.