At the start of this course the student should have acquired the following competences:
- competences corresponding the final attainment level of secondary school
an active knowledge of
a passive knowledge of
- general knowledge of the use of a PC and the Internet
general notion of the basic concepts of
- combinatorial en sequential logic circuits
- the design of digital systems and their application
- mehtods for the realisation of logic circuits with basic digital components (logic gates, flip-flops,...)
- the function of important basic digital structures such as (de)coders, (de)multiplexers, counters, finite state machines,...
- VHDL (combinatorial process, sequentieel process, concurrent statements, generic parameters, port maps,...)
specific prerequisites for this course
- can acquire, study and use the necessary information (in Dutch and English) for the execution of an assignment.
- can use the hardware description language VHDL for the modelling of digital systems.
- can apply the design process for the realisation of digital systems in programmable logic in a simple design assignment.