Introduction to (mainly) classical propositional logic:
- What is logic? What is formal logic?
- Types of inference: correct vs incorrect, deductive vs non-deductive, formally correct vs not-formally correct
- the language scheme of propositional logic
- proofs in propositional logic
- propositional logic extended with a relevant implication
- translation of simple natural language sentences to a formal language and vice versa
- elementary introduction to classical predicate logic
Philosophy of science and philosophy of the social sciences:
- What is philosophy of science?
- The aim of science: pragmatism, realism and intellectualism