When you want to understand how, based on already acquired theoretical chemistry, you can come to the execution pf the various parts in a chemical plant, this is the designated optional course. Chemical process engineering puts the focus on the description and execution of unit operations as such.
It’s an encyclopaedically overview, supplemented by the necessary theory and information about practicality and experience.
- Fundamental definitions, e.g. a few typical dimensionless quantities, very often used in the design.
- Influencing factors which play a significant role in the chemical industry.
- In this course, Process technology is put in a broader perspective.
- The unit operations, where the most frequently used are presented and discussed, theory as well as practice.
In table format
- General knowledge
- Balances, index numbers , dimensional analysis
- Reactor technology (very condensed)
- Separation processes
- Crystallisation (Filtration)
- Particle Separation
- Heat exchanging
- Mixing and agitating
In this part exercises are used to improve the understanding of the content. The accent is put on the interpretation of changes, not on the “hard” engineering design.