7.1 Required reading
- Wallace Stevens: Collected Poetry and Prose. Ed. Frank Kermode and Joan Richardson. New York: Library of America, 1997. Approx. €35.
- The Cambridge Companion to Wallace Stevens. Ed. John N. Serio. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2007. Approx. €20.
- Further primary and secondary materials as well as online documents will be made available by the lecturer.
The above-mentioned books are available at De Groene Waterman (Wolstraat 7), where you also enjoy a student discount. The purchase of the correct edition of Stevens's works as well as of the Cambridge Companion is obligatory: without these editions, classes cannot be taught.
7.2 Optional reading
The following study material can be studied voluntarily :
- The Norton or Longman anthologies of English literature already purchased by bachelor students of English at the University of Antwerp.
- Introductory studies on the topic of intertextuality, such as Graham Allen's Intertextuality (Routledge, 1999) or Mary Orr's Intertextuality: Debates and Contexts (Polity Press, 2003).