Computational Linguistics studies the knowledge and algorithms needed to develop systems for the automatic processing of natural language (understanding text, producing text, translating text).
- Definition of computational linguistics as a subdiscipline within Artificial Intelligence.
- Main problems, techniques and methods. Deductive and inductive methods.
- Computational lexicology, morphology, syntax, semantics and pragmatics
- Corpora and annotation methods
- Exercises with tools from computational linguistics and artificial intelligence
- Programming exercises in Python (basic level)