7.1 Required reading
Thompson, Strickland, Gamble, Peteraf, Janes & Sutton, 2013, Crafting and Executing Strategy. The Quest for Competitive Advantage, Berkshire, McGrawHill
7.2 Optional reading
The following study material can be studied voluntarily :
- What is Strategy?, Michael E. Porter, Harvard Business Review, 1996, 61-78.
- Strategy as Strategic Decision Making, Kathleen E. Eisenhardt, MIT Sloan Management Review, Spring 1999, pp. 65-72.
- Strategy Safari, Henry Mintzberg et al, 1998, Prentice Hall.
- Blue Ocean Strategy, Kim and Mauborgne, California Management Review, 2005, vol 47: 105-121.
- Core capabilities and core rigidities: A paradox in managing new product development, Leonard-Barton, Strategic Management Journal, 1992, 111-125.
- Value Creation and Value Claiming in Strategic Outsourcing Decisions: A Resource Contingency perspective, in press, Ernst Verwaal et al, Journal of Management, on line in press.
- Unlocking synergies between business units: The case of Royal Dutch Vopak, S. Ansari et al, Strategic Change, 2006, 353-360.
- Designing Global Strategies, Bruce Kogut, MIT Sloan Review, 1985, 15-28.