In this course the main components of the education of Engineering and technology are extensively discussed. The following learning contents are specific to the teaching methodology. In the course they are translated into and made concrete for the subject didactics Engineering and technology.
- Didactic principles and the metalanguage to name them
- Annual plan, learning line
- School books, media, ICT
- Inside class differentiation
- Metacognition, learning strategies, learning processes, learning styles
- Language-oriented vocational education
- Language policy
Subject-specific applications of
- Research skills
- Problem-solving way of thinking
- Guided independent learning
- Design cycle
- Cooperative learning
Subject-specific translation / analysis of
- Professionalization (knowledge sharing, professional association, networking, didactic media, CNO ...)
- Project work and series of lessons
- Learning difficulties and learning disabilities
- Collaboration between teachers
- Models and misconceptions,
- Demonstration and student practicals,
- Field trips,
- Safety and waste
- Engineering comprises an extensive package of professional subjects (electricity, engineering, mechanics, materials science, welding techniques, CADCAM, ...). The student is not expected to master all subject contents within this extensive range of subjects. After some preparation, he must be able to independently teach a lesson on each of these subjects and to guide students in acquiring the learning content.
The attitude of a teacher is characterized, among other things, by punctuality. Consequently, importance is also attached to this.
As a teacher you must be able to look critically at your own performance. We therefore expect an open and critical attitude during this series of lessons.