This course is provides an in-depth master level introduction to contemporary labour issues, including on such topics as:
- Post-industrial labour markets: is there still decent work for everybody?
- The quality of work in contemporary advanced labour markets
- Work and income, with a particular focus on the working poor
- Work and the welfare state: on flexicurity and other models
- Active labour market polices.
For each lecture essential and supplementary reading will be uploaded on blackboard.