In this course student teachers have to carry out an individual practitioner research project during practice placement to explore a specific point of interest or concern. The main aim is to develop the own knowledge base about the chosen research topic by means of empirical research. In line with the practioner research project carried out within the context of the course 'student research', students need to elaborate the research activities in their project. Three options are available: (1) a profound theoretical exploration of the knowledge base in the educational research literature about their chosen research topic, (2) a more expanded data collection and analysis or (3) the preparation of the set up of an invention study which will be empirically investigated during their practioner research project.
During this course student teachers:
- gain insight into their subjective educational theory;
- are able to critically reflect upon their own subjective educational theory;
- acquire knowledge about the empirical research cycle;
- acquire knowledge about different research methods;
- learn how pracitioner research can be set up;
- carry out an own pracitioner research project under supervision;
- reflect about implications of result of their own practitioner research project.