During the tutorials the most important curriculum components of Dutch as a subject are dealt with:
- langage skills;
- language awareness;
Attention will be paid to Dutch as an instrument for education as well.
In line with our approach of interweaving theory and practice, the following subjects are dealt with in an integrated way:
- analysing pupils' entry levels in relation to the teaching of Dutch (prior knowledge, social and motivational factors, language proficiency);
- setting educational objectives for teaching Dutch (language skills, language awareness, literature) in relation to the attainment targets and curriculum documents;
- making the educational objectives operational: choosing and organizing curriculum content with attention to learning phases and long-term planning;
- instructional design (organizing in phases, grouping and differentiating between pupils);
- choosing teaching methods in line with the objectives and the target group;
- selecting teaching materials and other teaching aids;
- using media and IT in teaching Dutch; using IT for teacher's own professionalization;
- assessing the curriculum components (language skills, language awareness, literary competence);
- educating Dutch to specific target groups (e.g. non-Dutch speaking pupils, pupils with language problems).