C-MAT, the Centre for Maritime & Air Transport Management, at the University of Antwerp is one of the world's premier suppliers of highly specialised academic as well as practice-based education and research in transport economics, with a focus on maritime transport, air transport and transport research.
The centre features:
- A strong MSc programme that links academic research to contemporary industry know-how and practice
- Specialisation in Maritime, Air Transport or Transport Research
- An international student population built around a well-balanced policy that takes geographical distribution, experience and gender into account
- Short specialisation courses designed to address current industry challenges and academic research questions, which can also be followed by industry representatives
- Opportunities to obtain a PhD
- Trend-setting events, conferences and research made available through strong alliances with excellent universities, leading international enterprises and various public organisations
Students taking C-MAT's interactive programmes will benefit from highly specialised instruction and intercultural training as well as from opportunities to engage in international networking. The added value of C-MAT lies in its commitment to academic rigor and practical assessment: the academic education we offer is supported by highly competent staff members from the Faculty of Applied Economics and guest professors who have devoted their talents and careers to advancing this mission. The centre contributes actively to research on transportation and has a proven track record in the field. C-MAT pledges to support students’ work, encourage their professional development and evaluate their professional performance.
We also think it is important that all our alumni, both ITMMA and C-MAT can stay in touch with each other and like to welcome all the ITMMA and C-MAT alumni to join our groups on Facebook and LinkedIn: