Welcome to the MOCS 2023!
On behalf of the Organizing Committee, it is our great pleasure to invite you to attend the 25th edition of the Merck Organic Chemistry Symposium (MOCS 2023) that will take place on Thursday November 30th and Friday December 1st, 2023 at Floreal, a seaside resort in the coastal town of Blankenberge. This symposium, which will enter its 25th edition in 2023, is part of a longstanding series of annual meetings that brings together Belgian organic chemists from both academic institutions and industry to disseminate and to discuss all the various aspects of their discipline in a lively, relaxed, and stimulating environment.
To register for the conference please follow this link: Registration MOCS 2023
The welcome desk will be open from 8:45 and the meeting will begin at 09:45 on Thursday November 30, 2023. It will end at 16:00 on Friday December 1, 2023.
The scientific program will include four invited lectures, a series of oral communications presented by experienced Ph.D. students or postdoctoral fellows, and two poster sessions. Confirmed invited lecturers include:
- Prof. Marc Vendrell (University of Edinburgh, UK)
- Prof. Georgios Vassilikogiannakis (University of Crete, Greece)
- Prof. Bruno Linclau (UGent, Belgium)
- Dr. Hennie Valkenier (ULB, Belgium)
Throughout the conference flash presentations to highlight new commercial developments and products will be given by representatives from Merck.
To stimulate interactions between academic and industrial chemists, and to allow Ph.D. students and postdoctoral fellows to inquire about job opportunities, a session of flash interviews will be organized with representatives of chemical and pharmaceutical companies on Thursday afternoon.
On Thursday evening, Prof. Gilles Bruylants (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium) will give a special lecture. It will be followed by a dinner and a party on the theme of “Silver”. All the participants are invited to dress up for the occasion. A prize for the most original/creative/funny outfit will be awarded at the end of the symposium by Merck!
We look forward to welcoming you in Blankenberge on November 30th and December 1st, 2023
- Annemieke Madder (UGent) and Enrico Cadoni (UGent)
- Universiteit Gent, Department of Organic and Macromolecular Chemistry, Krijgslaan 281, S4, B-9000 Gent
- Telephone: +32 (0) 9 264 44 72
- E-mail: email@example.com
- The financial support from the Merck Company, the Comité de Gestion du Bulletin des Sociétés Chimiques Belges/Comité van Beheer van het Bulletin (CGB/CBB), Chemistry Europe, Novalix, Thieme, Lisam Systems, and Eurodye is gratefully acknowledged. Administrative support from KVCV is gratefully acknowledged.