4 & 5 March 2024
Paris (University Paris-Dauphine)
- Introduction & Structure of the Brussels Jurisdictional Regime
- International Choice of Court Agreements
- Cross-Border Jurisdiction in Contractual Disputes
- Jurisdiction in Cross-Border Tort Claims
- Provisional Measures in EU Private International Law
- Applicable Law to International Contracts
- Applicable Law to Tort Claims
- Applicable Law to Legal Capacity and Parental Authority
Deadline for expression of interest to attend is 15 February 2024. Expression of interest may be
sent to Mr. Râmachandra Oviode at firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate your
current position and judicial/institutional affiliation when expressing interest).
22 & 23 March 2023
Sofia (Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”)
- Interplay of the Brussels I bis Regulation and the European Insolvency Regulation
- Special Jurisdiction and Applicable Law in Matters Relating to a Contract
- Special Jurisdiction and Applicable Law in Matters Relating to Tort
- Taking of Evidence in Civil and Commercial Matters
On 22 and 23 March 2023 Sofia University "St. Kliment Ohridski" hosted a large-scale training on EU Private International Law for judges from five countries.
Sofia University (represented by Assoc. Prof. Dr. Boriana Musseva, Head of the Department of International Law and International Relations and Assist. Prof. Dr. Tsvetelina Dimitrova) organized the event in cooperation with the PAX 2.0 project partners (University of Antwerp, Asser Institute, Maastricht University, Université Paris Dauphine, University of Barcelona and University of Ljubljana).
The PAX Judicial Training offered participating judges two days of interactive training consisting of short theoretical lectures and extended practical sessions.
Thanks to the participating judges, the exchange and the discussions with the academics was on the highest level. Furthermore, the overwhelming response and active participation reassure us of the importance of EU Private International Law in judicial practice, as well as of the importance of such training events.
Find more information in the attached programme and invitation.