QTOX offers 10 Doctoral Candidate positions across Europe.
QTOX wants to recruit 10 talented and motivated Doctoral Candidates (DCs) with the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to help the network make significant research breakthroughs. These DCs will enrol in PhD degree programmes and be employed for 36 months, becoming part of an interdisciplinary and intersectoral network composed of 9 academic organisations and 6 non-academic partners.
- DCs will be employed by the host organisation for 36 months.
- DCs are offered a competitive salary plus allowances. Moreover, funding managed by the promoter(s) is available for technical and personal skills training and participation in international research events.
- DCs will benefit from the designed training programme offered by the QTOX network.
- DCs will participate in international secondments to other organisations involved in the QTOX network and in international research and outreach conferences.
- Applicants can be of any nationality.
- Applicants must hold an MSc or equivalent in the field required for the corresponding vacancy.
- Applicants cannot be in possession of a doctoral degree at the date of the recruitment*.
- Applicants must be eligible to enrol on a PhD programme at the host organisation (or at a designated university in case the host organisation is a non-academic organisation).
- Applicants must have the ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English to a level that is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- Applicants must have the necessary academic skills and background to make the success of a doctoral degree.
- H2020 MSCA Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account.
* Researchers who have successfully defended their doctoral thesis but who have not yet formally been awarded the doctoral degree will not be considered eligible.
The selection process consists of a series of teleconference interviews that will be performed by the appointed supervisors according to predefined selection criteria. Note that –for some DC positions– the selection process will require further administrative steps in order to comply with the HR regulations of the host organisation.