The Ultracentrifugation Consortium was established in 2015 with funding from the Herculesstichting, to serve the general research community at the University of Antwerp and regional biotechnology companies on a cost-per-use basis. The facility provides two Beckman ultracentrifuges and expertise in several departments of life sciences.
The consortium provides technical and intellectual support for scientific applications of the ultracentrifuges.
The ultracentrifugation consortium is located at the University of Antwerp and managed by several cooperating labs:
- Laboratory of Microbiology, Parasitology and Hygiene
- Veterinary Physiology and Biochemistry
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics
- Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry
- Laboratory of Physiopharmacology
- Environmental Ecology and Applied Microbiology
- Applied Veterinary Morphology
- Proteinchemistry, Proteomics and Epigenetic Signalling