In recognition of his expertise in entrepreneurship. He is a pioneer for his contributions to entrepreneurship research. - Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
- Nominator: Prof. dr. Ine Paeleman
- Masterclass and conferral of the honorary degree: Wednesday 29 March at 3 p.m.
3 p.m.: Masterclass
- Welcome by Prof. Koen Vandenbempt, Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics, University of Antwerp
- Introduction by Prof. Ine Paeleman, nominator
- Masterclass ’Harnessing the Powers of Entrepreneurship on a Global Scale‘ by Prof. Shaker A. Zahra
- Q&A – Moderator: Prof. Wim Vanhaverbeke
4.15 p.m.: Conferral of the honorary degree to Prof. Shaker A. Zahra
4.30 p.m.: End
About Prof. Shaker A. Zahra
Shaker A. Zahra is Robert E. Buuck Chair of Entrepreneurship and Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, Carlson School of Management, the University of Minnesota. He has consulted with several leading multinationals regarding technology development, innovation, entrepreneurship and strategy.
His research has appeared in the most prominent academic publications and been cited in the New York Times, Financial Times, Globe and Mail (Canada), INC, Philadelphia Inquirer, Minneapolis Star Tribune, NPR marketplace and many others. His research has also been translated into several languages. He has received numerous grants, honors and awards. He was listed as a Thomson Reuters Highly Cited Researcher and one of The World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds.
About his masterclass Harnessing the Powers of Entrepreneurship on a Global Scale
Technology has revolutionized the way industries operate and compete, leading to a constant need for companies to adapt and reinvent themselves. This has led to an increased focus on various forms of entrepreneurship, including corporate, technology-based, social, and international forms. Research has examined the impact of these forms of entrepreneurship on companies and industries on a global scale, spanning over 43 countries with diverse levels of development. In this presentation, I will highlight key insights and findings from my research and discuss their implications for the field of entrepreneurship and for businesses. Additionally, I will delve into the broader societal impact of entrepreneurship and the ways in which disruptions introduced by entrepreneurs drive progress in technology, economics, and society as a whole.
- You can attend the masterclass and conferral of the honorary degree to Prof. Shaker A. Zahra in-person or online.
- Event location: University of Antwerp – Stadscampus, Paardenmarkt 94, 2000 Antwerp
- A few days before the event, you will receive all the information needed to follow this event in-person or online.
- Do you want to ask Prof. Shaker A. Zahra a question? During the masterclass, you can ask questions in-person or you can send a question using the livestream’s chat box.
- The event will be held in English.