- Academic coordinator: Ann Crabbé
- Venue: UAntwerpen, Campus Middelheim
- Lectures will be held on Wednesdays from 1.30 p.m. to 8 p.m
- Dates: 9/11, 16/11, 23/11, 30/11, 7/12, 14/12 + exam: 21/12
- Tuition fee for this module: 750 euro (incl. VAT, course materials and catering during lectures)
- When attending all lectures (attendance of at least 80% of classes) and successfully passing the exam, 6 credits will be awarded
- You will receive an exemption for this module if you decide to register for the whole postgraduate programme afterwards
- Eligibility criteria: Applicants must have a university or college bachelor or master degree of at least three years of full-time study
Because of the close interlinkages between our natural and societal systems, this module focuses on the societal challenges of climate change. Even though climate change has gained importance on the societal agenda, it is still a challenge to put and keep climate change on the political agenda, and to move toward coherent policies.
In this module we try to explain why. This module will help you to see climate change as a multi-actor and multi-level governance problem, in which we have to learn and deal with scientific uncertainties, institutional inertia and various societal stakes.