Participants of the 2018 Children's Literature Summer School. Over 20 nationalities were represented.
Registration for the Children's Literature Summer School 2019 will start on 15 November 2018.
The 2019 edition will take place from 1 to 5 July 2019. It will focus on three thematic strands: comic books, diversity, and fairy tales and fantasy. The fees and conditions will stay the same.
Confirmed speakers for the 2019 summer school include:
- Maaheen Ahmed
- Cristina Bacchilega
- Julia Benner
- Ada Bieber
- Bambi Ceuppens
- Vanessa Joosen
- Michelle Martin
- Philip Nel
- Maria Nikolajeva
- Stijn Praet
- Karen Sands-O’Connor
- Véronique Sina
- Joe Sutliff Sanders
- Sara Van Den Bossche
- Helma van Lierop-Debrauwer
- Karin Westman
If you want to receive updates, please send a message to email@example.com.
We offer three scholarships for PhD students who do not have funding to cover the registration fee. The scholarships (worth 500 euro each) will cover registration and catering during the summer school. Applicants are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 20 November 2018. The motivation letter should include the following information:
- PhD title, the programme you are registered for, your supervisor and expected completion date
- The thematic strand that you want register for and how it relates to your research
- Your motivation for attending this summer school (300 words)
- An abstract for a 20-minute presentation on your PhD during the summer school (300 words)
- Why should we support your participation? Have you had any opportunity to study or travel abroad before? Does your university or college provide financial support for education abroad (for example by providing travel grants to participate in summer schools)? Will you apply for other funding?
- Contact details for 2 college or university teachers who would be willing to endorse your application.
Selected participants will receive notice before 5 December.