6 - 10 July 2020
Participants of the 2018 Children's Literature Summer School. Over 20 nationalities were represented.
Registration for the Children's Literature Summer School 2020 is now open
The third edition of the Children's Literature Summer School will take place from 6 to 10 July 2020. It will focus on three thematic strands: childhood studies, classics of children's literature and research methods. All participants follow 8 plenary lectures and 7 workshops in the strand of their choice. In addition, they can take part in seminar walks and an excursion or an extra training session on presenting and publishing research.
Confirmed speakers for the 2020 summer school include:
- Maaheen Ahmed
- Clémentine Beauvais
- Julia Benner
- Ada Bieber
- Daniel Feldman
- Vanessa Joosen
- Elizabeth Marshall
- B.J. (Breanna) McDaniel
- Lindsay Myers
- Sarah Park Dahlen
- Kimberley Reynolds
- Peter Reynolds
- Björn Sundmark
- Sara van den Bossche
- Helma van Lierop-Debrauwer
- Alison Waller
We offer three scholarships for PhD students who do not have funding to cover the registration fee. The scholarships (worth 500 euro each) will cover registration and catering during the summer school. Applicants are requested to send their CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com before 20 November 2019. The motivation letter should include the following information:
- PhD title, the programme you are registered for, your supervisor and expected completion date
- The thematic strand that you want register for and how it relates to your research
- Your motivation for attending this summer school (300 words)
- An abstract for a 20-minute presentation on your PhD during the summer school (300 words)
- Why should we support your participation? Have you had any opportunity to study or travel abroad before? Does your university or college provide financial support for education abroad (for example by providing travel grants to participate in summer schools)? Will you apply for other funding?
- Contact details for 2 college or university teachers who would be willing to endorse your application.
Selected participants will receive notice before 5 December 2019.
If you want to receive updates, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org