Application procedure in 4 steps
- Register in Mobility Online
- Fill in personal details, upload additional documents and complete requested extra questions
- Wait for approval of your application
- Pay the participation fee within 10 days after approval to secure your spot
Bring a friend and get both a 10% discount!
How? Register both online before 21 May 2021 (Non-EU nationals) or 30 July 2021 (EU nationals) and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After having registered, you will automatically receive an email with further guidelines to complete your application.
Upon successful submission you will receive an automatic reply to confirm your application. You will be informed about the results of selection within 7 working days. In case your application is accepted, you will receive an email with more practical information on payment and visa. Note that your subscription is only valid when the participation fee is received by the summer school’s secretariat.
Accepted students will be registered as regular students of the University of Antwerp and will hence receive a student account and a student card with which they will have access to the catering facilities and to the Wi-Fi network of the University of Antwerp. Furthermore, accepted students will be automatically insured under the policy of the University of Antwerp.
- Full fee: € 1750
- Student fee (master or PHD-students, young designer, just started own fashion company…): € 1000
- University of Antwerp students are entitled to a refund of €150. Reduced fees of €100 available for recognised refugees.
Fee info: All fees include refreshments during coffee breaks, course materials, lunches, receptions and social activities. It does not include accommodation or transport between Antwerp and Paris.
Disclaimer - cancellation
CANCELLATION BY THE ORGANISATION
Should the summer school be cancelled by the organiser for organisational reasons or as a result of force majeure more than two weeks after the application deadline, the organiser will refund the registration fee. Claims for further liabilities or damages are excluded.
CANCELLATION BY THE PARTICIPANT
If the participant cancels more than 4 weeks before the start of the summer school, 50% of the registration fee can be reimbursed. If the participant cancels within 4 weeks before the start of the summer school, € 100 of the registration fee will be refunded. This will also be so in case of changing travel regulations and/or in case of a positive PCR test before or during the summer school.
All refunds are made in euros. The organisation cannot refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations or bank charges.
Reduced fees for refugees residing in Belgium
Attending a summer school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€100) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer school participants. Please note that each summer school has its own specific admission requirements, including prior qualifications. For details, please visit the webpage of the summer school of your preference.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
- Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer school.
- Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekers
Scan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees:
Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)
Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugee
Scan of both sides of the residence permit of your family member
Proof of family composition.
- asylum seekers
- Application deadlines vary between summer schools. Please refer to the webpage of your preferred summer school to find out more.
Contact and more information
- For more information on Antwerp Summer University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Wannes Gijsels (email@example.com or +32 32654382).
- For special information for refugees looking to study at the University of Antwerp, please visit this webpage or make an appointment with Ms Parul Goel (firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 3265 3191).