Master the ins and outs of fashion management
Location: University of Antwerp and Institut Français de la Mode, Paris (France)
Date: 23 August - 1 September 2021
Attend this unique program that aims at growing managerial talents for the fashion industry, covering topics from fashion marketing and PR, to finance, supply chain management and leadership in fashion.
Why follow this programme at the University of Antwerp/ Antwerp Management School and Institut Français de la Mode?
- A comprehensive overview of the aspects of fashion management, with an emphasis on both entrepreneurial fashion designers and high fashion and luxury brands.
- Paris classes at the prestigious IFM (Institut Français de la Mode) and Antwerp classes at University of Antwerp / Antwerp Management School.
- A team of international accomplished faculty selected for both academic credentials and professional experience will provide you with high-quality, competence-driven teaching.
- In previous editions we’ve welcomed lecturers such as Bianca Luzi (CEO for Raf Simons), Tony Kent (London School of Fashion), Tina Debo (Advice President for Kipling), Karinna Knobbs (The Graduate School at London College of Fashion), Walter Van Beirendonk (fashion designer), Tim Van Steenbergen (fashion designer)...
- A mixture of in-class and on-site learning methods: group discussions, practical knowledge, visits to fashion companies, the fashion districts and flagship stores.
- Build your international network and exchange insights in different fashion communities, research and businesses with fellow participants from all over the world
- Fashion system & trends
- Strategic finance and planning
- Marketing & brand management
- Communication, social media & PR
- Merchandising & retail buying
- Distribution & regulation
- Supply chain management
- Customer service and merchandising
The courses are a mixture of lectures from international academics and professionals within the fashion business, exercises, cases, on-site visits in both Antwerp and Paris and lively group discussions.
Study credits (ECTS)
Successful completion of the summer school can be awarded with 3 credits according the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). Credits will be awarded for participants who succesfull complete an assignment. During and after the summer school, participants work together with a fashion designer/ entrepreneur to design a business plan for the practitioner’s case. With this exercise participants apply their knowledge and insights acquired through the lectures, debates, study visits and literature to a 'real life' case. With this business plan students prove insight in the opportunities and pitfalls that organizations face when doing business in fashion.
To include the credits in the curriculum at the home institution, participants need an agreement with the responsible person at the home institution.
A certificate will be awarded at the end of the programme.
The days summer school are packed with dazzeling lectures, mind blowing workshops and interesting study visits. But we also foresee some time for informal get-togethers.
More information on this year's social programme will be announced soon.