Experienced qualitative researchers of international repute will lead the course and share their experience. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences of research, including their questions, doubts and failures.
These are the lectures and workshops in brief:
- Qualitative inquiry: a different paradigm
- Setting up a qualitative research project + workshop
- Reflect on own research projects in individual consultations
- Data-collection techniques (interviews, focus group discussions and observations) + workshops
- Analyzing qualitative data + workshop
- Appraising the quality of a qualitative research project
- Reporting the results from a qualitative research project
- Qualitative data analysis using NVivo software
This year we invite Dr Gemma Hughes, health service researcher from Nuffield Department of Primary care Health Sciences, University of Oxford, UK, to talk about “Introduction to ethnography”.