Dates and prices for 2022 will be announced in February 2022!
Application procedure in 4 steps
- Register in Mobility Online
- Fill in personal details and complete some extra questions
- Wait for approval of your application
- Pay the participation fee within 10 days after approval to secure your spot.
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online before 15 May 2021 for the digital version of our summer school.
Upon successful submission you will receive an automatic reply to confirm your application. Normally, students will be notified about the results of selection within 10 working days. In case your application is accepted, you will receive an e-mail with more practical information on payment and visa. Note that your subscription is only valid when the participation fee is received by the summer school’s secretariat.
Accepted students will be registered as regular students of the University of Antwerp and will hence receive a student account and a student card with which they will have access to the catering facilities and to the Wi-Fi network of the University of Antwerp. Furthermore, accepted students will be automatically insured under the policy of the University of Antwerp.
Digital participation: €350
For this digital edition, fee includes all lectures, tutoring and workshops, course material, digital coaching and (online) social activities. Technical set-up (stable internet connection, headset, computer and webcam) has to be provided by the participant.
Disclaimer - Cancellation
Cancellation by the organisation
The organisation reserves the right to cancel the course within two weeks after the deadline of application due to a lack of interest. Participants should keep this in mind when making travel arrangements; any expenses made other than registration fees will not be reimbursed. Registration fees will be reimbursed as soon as possible.
COVID-19 update: This summer school will be offered as a hybrid course, both live and online. If covid-19 won't allow us to organise a live summer school, the digital format will go ahead as planned. Candidates will be informed of this by 1 April 2021 at the latest.
Cancellation by the participant
If the participant cancels after 1 June 2021, a cancellation cost of €150 will be charged, so that the participant will only be refunded €300. All refunds are made in euros. The organisation cannot refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations or bank charges.
COVID-19 update: Applicants who are unable to travel due to covid-19 can receive a full refund of their registration fee if they can provide the following evidence:
- Official communication from the visa office, embassy or consulate in case a visa could not be obtained due to covid-19 regulations.
- Offical communication from the home institution, employer or a medical facility stating that it is not possible to travel due to covid-19 implications.
Applicants who can't provide such a proof will not have the fees refunded.
Reduced fees for refugees residing in Belgium
Attending a summer school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€50) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer school participants.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
- Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer school.
- Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekers
Scan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees:
Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)
Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugee
Scan of both sides of the residence permit of your family member
Proof of family composition
- asylum seekers
Contact and more information
- For more information on Antwerp Summer University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Wannes Gijsels (email@example.com or +32 32654382).
- For special information for refugees looking to study at the University of Antwerp, please visit this webpage or make an appointment with Ms Parul Goel (firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 3265 3191).