The first PARACAT Summer School will be held at the UAntwerp and will consist of a 6-day programme in which the basics of electron paramagnetic resonance (EPR) for applications in (bio)catalysis will be taught. Furthermore, a one-day module focused on Scientific Integrity is integrated in the school. The Summer School will include theoretical lectures, practical sessions on simulations of EPR spectra and on analysis of relevant literature and hands-on instrumental practicals. While the programme is tailored to PhD students at a beginner’s level in EPR spectroscopy, also Master students and postdocs are welcome to participate and to strengthen their knowledge and skill level. The school follows the following general outline.
Participants to the Summer School have the option of choosing to follow:
- Full 6-day program (attendants will, when successful, be given a diploma - 4 ECTS) [Module 1+2]
- One-day event on Scientific Integrity (in framework of Doctoral School Training, participants will only be given certificate of attendance) [Module 2]
- Five-day event on Electron Paramagnetic Resonance (attendants will, when successful, be given a diploma - 3 ECTS) [Module 1]
The number of participants will be limited to:
- Module 1: 25 participants (10 ESRs from the PARACAT network + max. 15 other participants)
- Module 2: 40 participants (10 ESRs from the PARACAT network + max. 30 other participants)
All lectures will take place on Campus Middelheim (Building G, lectures + practicals) and Campus Drie Eiken (Building N, experimental sessions), University of Antwerp, Belgium.
A good knowledge of English is required.
Application details: Online via this link before June 25th 2019