What is the Tutoraat?
The Tutoraat wants to improve pupils’ chances of success in secondary education and their transfer to higher education by offering tutoring to teens who are at risk of dropping out. After all, this target group is more likely to end up in the cascade system and less likely to go to college or university. Students of UAntwerp are trained and deployed as tutors to get these pupils back on the right track and increase their chances of a higher education and a stable future.
What does the Tutoraat aim to achieve?
The Tutoraat focuses on the following aspects:
- Increasing knowledge of subject matter
- Improving study skills and self-reliance
- Increasing knowledge of the language of instruction (Dutch)
- Improving social skills
- Fostering self-confidence and motivation
- Incorporating new social models into each pupil's frame of reference (the tutor as a teacher, an example, and a friend)
- Advising pupils on their choice of study and preparing them for the transition to higher education
Want to know more about the Tutoraat? Be sure to check out the website.
Support this project
Did you know that in 2020 every donation of 40 euros or more is 60% tax deductible? This is an extra incentive to provide maximum support to our 'Tutoraat'.
Here’s how you can contribute.
Step 1 - Donation
There are two ways to donate:
- By bank transfer to bank account number BE42 7310 4624 7854 in the name of 'Universiteit Antwerpen'. Be sure to mention 'fiscaal attest' (tax certificate) and your preferred destination, in this case: 'Tutoring', in the communication field.
- By online payment, where you can indicate your preferred destination straight away.
Step 2 - Donation form
In order to allocate your donation correctly, we recommend you to also send us the donation form where you indicate your preference for the destination of the amount again.
Send the filled in form:
- digitally: email it to email@example.com ( a scan or photo are sufficient)
- by post: Universiteitsfonds Antwerpen - Middelheimlaan 1 M.A.223 - 2020 Antwerpen