Doctoral student, Urban Planning and Design.
Department : Urban and Regional Development
Regime : Full-time
The Faculty of Design Sciences is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy in the Research group for Urban Development and the Master program Urbanism and Spatial Planning for a
Doctoral student in the area of Urban Planning and Design.
- You prepare a doctorate thesis in the field of Urban Planning and Design.
- You contribute to teaching and research in in the Research group for Urban Development and the Master program Urbanism and Spatial Planning.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a master degree in Urban Planning or related relevant discipline.
- You can submit outstanding academic results.
- Also students in the final year of their degree can apply.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- Your interests are situated within the five research tracks of the Research Group for Urban Development.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- a doctoral scholarship for a period of two years, with the possibility of renewal for a further two-year period after positive evaluation;
- the start date of scholarship will be 1 October 2020;
- a gross monthly grant ranging from € 2.530,02 to € 2.679,10;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform until August 16, 2020. Click on the 'Apply' button, complete the online application form and be sure to include the following attachments: (1) a motivation letter and (2) your CV.
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next steps in the selection procedure. Please make a note of the following dates: August 27, 2020 (interview).
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact prof. Thomas Vanoutrive: email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp received the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award for its HR policy. We are a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.