On this page you will find vacancies for Academic Staff. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here.
Department: Faculty of Design Sciences - Dean's Office
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Together we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The Faculty of Design Sciences of the University of Antwerp conducts research on design in the broad sense. It covers the research fields:
- Architecture and interior architecture
- Heritage studies and sciences
- Product development
- Urban development and planning
For more information, please visit the websites of the research groups, as linked above.
The faculty is currently looking for two full-time visiting research scholars for a short-term research stay (in-person) at the University of Antwerp in 2024.
The selected scholars will be offered the opportunity to conduct their research at the faculty, within one of its research groups, and to participate in the faculty’s research activities. They will be supported in 1. communicating their research plans within the faculty and university, 2. receive feedback from a select interdisciplinary group of scholars, and 3. enter into an intensive dialogue with a broad range of disciplinary approaches.
We can host visiting scholars for 1 to 3 months throughout 2024 (excluding July and August).
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) and have a good track record in research that fits within one of the research fields of the research groups.
- You hold a paid position in a research institution (preferably as a professor) at the time of the planned visit.
- You commit to presenting your research and research results in at least one seminar and one guest lecture for students.
- You commit to preparing a joint publication with members of the host research group.
What we offer
- facilities to conduct your research at the University of Antwerp (desk space, log-in, library access, etc.);
- the possibility to participate in the research activities of the faculty and its research groups;
- the possibility to communicate your own research to the members of the faculty and its research groups;
- support regarding lodging, issues related to travel documents, ;
- up to €1250 monthly expenses, plus the recovery of your travel expenses.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this vacancy through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including Thursday 28 September 2023 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on the ‘Apply’ button, complete the online application form, and be sure to include the following attachments:
- a motivation letter (800 words max)
- your academic CV.
- Make sure your motivation letter includes a detailed plan for the 1 to 3 months research stay and an outline of the joint publication.
- Indicate in your motivation letter with which research group(s) and researcher(s) you would like to be connected during your stay.
- Indicate in your motivation letter when you would be able to come and for how long (one to three months, throughout 2024 excluding July and August).
- For questions about the profile and requirements, please contact Jeroen Cant, research coordinator of the faculty, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the frequently asked questions or send an email to email@example.com.
The University of Antwerp is a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.