Vacancies for Administrative and Technical Staff
On this page you will find vacancies for Administrative and Technical Personel. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here.
Department: Center for Molecular Neurology
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Together we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology (VIB CMN, Belgium) is searching for a junior (web) developer to join the Neuromics Support Facility for support and development of databases, interfaces and tools used in life science research. The successful applicant will be embedded in the NSF team https://uantwerpen.vib.be/group/NeuromicsSupportFacility and work closely with BioINFO and BioIT members. VIB CMN is a highly international, diverse research environment, focusing on the discovery of molecular causes of neurodegenerative and neurodevelopmental phenotypes.
- Database user support including maintaining documentation of existing tools and database tables and monitoring.
- Developing scripts for automated data acquisition.
- Development and maintenance of web interface and databases.
- Candidates with a degree with a focus on computer science or applied informatics are strongly encouraged to apply, but the position is also open to candidates with equivalent experience but a degree in other fields.
- Able to work independently and respecting deadlines
- Analytical, able to troubleshoot and strong preference to work in a supporting role
- Communicative and prefers to work in a team
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience in working with relational databases (Firebird, PostgreSQL, MySQL, …)
- Experience with (multiple) scripting languages (Tcl, Python, PHP, Perl, shell, …)
- Some experience with web languages such as HTML and CSS
Additional competencies that are a plus
- Experience with Linux
- Keen interest in life science and technology
- Inquisitive and proactive
What we offer
- We offer an open-ended contract and an exciting opportunity to support highly motivated teams in an international life science research environment
- You will receive meal vouchers, ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance, group insurance, an income protection insurance, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting. And when applicable work from home allowance.
- You will have an attractive package of annual leave and collective leave for 1 week when the university is closed, between Christmas and New Year.
- You will do your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this job through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform. Click on 'apply for job', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents:
- A detailed CV
- a motivation letter describing your interests and contact details of references (if available)
- The selection committee will review all of the applications as soon as they come in. If you qualify, you will receive a home assignment, which you will present during an online interview = 1st round. If successful, you will be invited to visit our center for a 2nd round interview.
- The position is open until a candidate is found.
- Employment start – as soon as possible
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the Frequently Asked Questions or send an email to email@example.com. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Antwerp is a sustainable, family-friendly organisation which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.