Vacancies for Administrative and Technical Staff
On this page you will find vacancies for Administrative and Technical Personel. Only vacancies in English are shown. For a complete list of all vacancies currently open at the university, please consult the vacancy pages in Dutch.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Save your search and create a job alert on the online application module to be automatically notified of interesting future job openings.More information can be found here.
Department: Center for Molecular Neurology
Let’s shape the future - University of Antwerp
The University of Antwerp is a dynamic, forward-thinking university. We offer an innovative academic education to more than 20000 students, conduct pioneering scientific research and play an important service-providing role in society. With more than 6000 employees from 100 different countries, we are helping to build tomorrow's world every day. Together we push back boundaries and set a course for the future – a future that you can help to shape.
The University of Antwerp’s Faculty of Medicine and Center for Molecular Neurology is looking for a full-time specialist staff member in iPSC cell culture. The Baets lab is a multidisciplinary team, focusing on the genetic aetiology and pathomechanisms of rare neurological and neuromuscular diseases.
The position includes the following tasks:
- Maintenance and differentiation of iPSC-based cell cultures, including preparation of media and basic set-up of experiments.
- General molecular genetics experiments, such as DNA extraction, PCR, Sanger sequencing.
- Biobanking activities
- Provide technical support, assisting in day-to-day laboratory management.
- You have a professional Bachelor or Master in molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, biomedicine or related disciplines or equivalent competences gained through prior work experience.
- You have experience with cell culture maintenance. Experience and knowledge of iPSC cell cultures is a strong asset.
- You are proficient in MS Office.
- You have good oral and written knowledge of at least English, Dutch.
- You act with attention to quality, integrity, creativity and cooperation.
- You have strong skills in planning and organisation.
What we offer
- We offer a fixed-term contract for a period of four years with the possibility of renewal.
- You will receive a gross monthly salary within pay band 4.1-6.1 of the pay scales of the Administrative and Technical Staff. Your entry-level grade depends on your relevant professional experience. If you work part time, your salary is calculated proportionally based on your employment percentage.
- You will receive meal vouchers, ecocheques, Internet-connectivity allowance, group insurance, an income protection insurance, and a bicycle allowance or a full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting.
- We offer flexible working hours.
- You will have 40 days of annual leave and collective leave for 1 week when the university is closed, between Christmas and New Year.
- You will do most of your work at Campus Drie Eiken in a dynamic and stimulating working environment.
- Find out more about working at the University of Antwerp here and discover all the other benefits.
Want to apply?
- You can apply for this job through the University of Antwerp’s online job application platform up to and including April 17th 2023 (by midnight Brussels time). Click on 'apply for job', complete the online application form and don’t forget to include the following documents: motivation letter, CV and contact details of two references.
- The selection committee will review all the applications as soon as possible after the application deadline. As soon as a decision has been made, we will inform you about the next step(s) in the selection procedure.
- If you have any questions about the online application form, please check the Frequently Asked Questions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Prof. Dr. Jonathan Baets, Jonathan.email@example.com .
The University of Antwerp is a sustainable, family-friendly organization which invests in its employees’ growth. We encourage diversity and attach great importance to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities, regardless of gender identity, disability, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or age. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and with diverse characteristics to apply.