On this platform, you can have access to primary datasets on different household surveys on the DRC, including relevant background metadata on various surveys.
For each dataset, you will access a dataset folder in SPSS format, the same dataset folder in STATA-13 format and a Metadata folder containing all background documents on a specific survey.
The following datasets are available on this page:
- Demographic and Health Surveys 2007 and 2012
- National Household Surveys (Enquête 123) 2005 and 2012
- Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) 1995, 2001 and 2010
- National survey on the situation of out of school children and adolescents (2013),
- Nationwide Political Opinion poll by the Bureau d’Études, de Recherches, et Consulting International (BERCI) and the Congo Research Group-CRG (2016),
- Household Budget on nutrition and livelihoods in Kinshasa, Houyoux, J (1973).
You can preview details on the relevant reports, background documents, codifications files by clicking on the 'READ ME' file inside the METADATA folder. In function of our own research we have also proposed different types of corrections to the original datasets so as to allow for more accurate comparisons between times, places and datasets, among other things this includes
- Corrected weights to cope with sampling problems (read this paper)
- Proposal of an appropriate deflator (read this paper)
You can find the original datasets together with the proposed corrections.
For more publication output related to these datasets, see here.
We also expect to update these pages with further datasets as well as with further corrections. To be kept informed about updates, please register HERE.