- Registering for PhD at one of the TransportNET Universities
- Taking at least 6 credits of courses or equivalent at one of the other TransportNET Universities, or in joint TransportNET courses
- Spend a one-semester research stay at an other TransportNET University
- At least one other TransportNET professor in PhD commission
-> as a consequence at least three TransportNET members should be involved
- Thesis in English
- Thorough supervision by dedicated TransportNET professors
- Sets of dedicated training and in-depth sector courses, locally and jointly
- Physical support through full library access in all TransportNET Universities
- Help in searching for funds to stay
- Help in searching for accommodation
- Exchange with other TransportNET staff and PhD fellows
- You send the TransportNET secretariat a proposal first, of about one page, including objective, research question, approach, and expected type of outcomes. Please also add a CV of yours.
- The secretariat will then check whether any supervisor is willing and has the available capacity to guide you on that topic.
- Most TransportNET institutions require that first, a doctoral program is followed. You will be informed on whether that is required in your case.
Past and running TransportNET PhD's