The AXIS research group performs fundamental, methodological and application-oriented research involving a wide range of analytical techniques. A recurring theme in our research is the use of state-of-the-art methods for determination of low concentration levels and/or for imaging of (one or multiple) analyte species. These methods are frequently (but not exclusively) applied to in the field of culural heritage.
The research activities of the AXIS research group comprise:
- Elemental trace-analysis and analytical imaging at the microscopic level in solid materials
- X-ray micro- and nanobeam characterization of the electronic/redox properties of materials
- Non-destructive hyperspectral imaging at the macroscopic level
- Method, instrument and software development in the above areas
- Fundamental and applied chemical research