Bio-medical imaging is a key enabling technology that typically classifies for collaborative projects. Therefore, the Bio-Imaging Lab has adopted collaboration as part of its research strategy.
Bio-medical imaging requires highly specific equipment and expertise. The Bio-Imaging Lab can apply this imaging expertise to a lot of biological and bio-medical research fields; as such intensive collaboration is part of the culture of the Bio-Imaging Lab. The long list of successful national and international collaborative projects demonstrates this.
This collaborative strategy is supported by the University of Antwerp and hence the Bio-Imaging Lab is a core facility offering access to MRI and BLI imaging to other academic groups.
Furthermore, the Bio-Imaging Lab is an active member of the European Society for Molecular Imaging (ESMI) and participates in training programs and dissemination of knowledge on bio-medical imaging. Prof. Annemie Van Der Linden is vice-president of ESMI.
Collaborations on disease models:
- Human Genetics - Frank Kooy
- Molecular Genetics - Christine Van Broeckhoven
- Laboratory of Neurochemistry and Behavior -Peter De Deyn (Antwerp, Belgium)
- Molecular Cardiovascular Medicine Group - Peter Carmeliet (Leuven, Belgium)
- Experimental Genetics Group - Fred Van Leuven (Leuven, Belgium)
- Reumatologie, UZGent - Dirk Elewaut (Gent, Belgium)
- GIfMI (Ghent Institute for fMRI) - Rik Achten (Gent, Belgium)
- Department of Neuroscience - Chris I. De Zeeuw (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Department of Cell Biology and Genetics - Niels Galjart, (Rotterdam, The Netherlands)
- Experimental biomedical MR research - Arend Heerschap(Nijmegen, The Netherlands)
Collaborations on fish physiology