The CEV is a multidisciplinary research group, participating on a regular basis in (inter)national scientific vaccine research. The available expertise of the CEV holds a platform for conducting vaccine trials (phase 1-4) and is involved in policy research projects related to vaccination. At national level, the CEV collaborates with:
- different units within the University of Anwerp (e.g. within the VAXIDEA and VAXCOM consortium),
- departments form the University Hospital in Antwerp (UZA),
- other universities in Belgium,
- scientific health institutions.
At an international level, the centre has research partnerships with:
- the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology of Hanoi (Vietnam),
- the University for Medicine and Pharmacy of Can Tho (Vietnam) and Bangkok (Thailand).