The GOVTRUST Centre of Excellence conducts interdisciplinary research on trust in and between governments under six thematic headings.
- Interpersonal trust and fundamentals
- Equality, representativeness and citizen-government relations
- Relations between public actors within and across governments
- Relations between public and private/non-profit actors in multi-level settings
- Trust in legal systems and regulatory regimes
- Technology, data and privacy
GOVTRUST also made some important research contributions on (trust and) the coronavirus crisis.
- Innofins – Implementing innovative financing for nature-based solutions in Flemish cities (2021-2025)
- Policy Research Centre Governance Innovation - Steunpunt Bestuurlijke Venieuwing (2021-2025)
- @ntidote – Cyberviolence: defining borders on permissibility and accountability (2020-2023)
- DIGI4FED - Digital (R)evolution in Belgian Federal Government: An Open Governance Ecosystem for Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, and Blockchain (2020-2022)
- TiGRE - Trust in Governance and Regulation in Europe (2020-2023)
Please find a list of GOVTRUST's publications here.