Nexor is an IOF consortium that takes up industrial product and production design challenges for high tech systems, so called cyber-physical systems.
Within Nexor, we respond to the Industrial Revolution 4.0 and design smart, customized, lot-size-1, adaptive and sustainable solutions. We collaborate directly with industrial partners and via the establishment of spin-offs.
In recent years, Nexor has been actively developing diversity of technologies and may boast of a small portfolio of active patents. In addition to our work on Industry 4.0 solutions, , our investigators have worked on specific technologies in response to Covid-19 pandemic.
We develop technologies in 5 domains:
- Design and testing for Cyber-Physical Systems: we focus our research on methods and tools for designing complex products, testing and verification to ensure higher quality products, and developing embedded software faster;
- Adaptive, Optimal Control: we provide technology to tackle two industrial challenges: the need for companies to provide efficient machines, while at the same time tailoring them to specific customers’ needs and maintaining a competitive price;
- Human in the Loop: focuses on supporting workers and engineers, by taking the human in the loop during the development of workflows for design, operation, maintenance of smart machines and factories;
- Industrial sensing, signal processing and actuation: we develop two application domains - autonomous navigation of mobile platforms and monitoring of industrial production machines and facilities;
- Inspection in Harsh Environments: we focus on sensing techniques for inspections in environments such as ports, offshore wind parks, etc.
Nexor is set-up as a multidisciplinary consortium, in close collaboration with internal University Association partners. Moreover, we reach out to external companies and other partners in both, Flemish and European ecosystems for demand-driven basic and applied research.