A self-service photocopying and scanning machine is available in the reading room. Readers should obtain a copy card at the University Library (location and costs).
Items from our special collections (i.e. manuscripts, (post-) incunabula, early printed books and devotional prints) may not be photocopied or scanned.
Students and researchers are permitted to use their own (digital) camera to make reference copies of items from our special collections, under certain conditions.
The following rules apply:
- taking photographs is only allowed following permission by a member of staff
- the use of a flash light is not allowed
- the images taken are to be used for personal study and research only, not for publication
- reproductions intended for publication must be ordered
Reproductions (photographs or scans) of items from our special collections can be ordered at the desk or by email (email@example.com).
It is strictly forbidden to copy, disseminate or sell (digital) reproductions of any item in our collections in any way. Reproductions made for personal study are never to be used for commercial goals.
Publication of any reproduction requires:
- the explicit permission of the librarian
- a correct citation of the source in the publication: Antwerp, Ruusbroec Institute, object number
- the presentation of a copy of the publication to the library