Paolo is an image-making visual anthropologist with an interest for the role of images in human life.
His ongoing project is entitled "Dying, Living and Loving in Delhi".
- Images as/and politics in postcolonial India
- emerging technologies
- visual and sensory ethnography
- arts-based methods
- existential anthropology
Paolo is the author of the single-authored books:
- "Image-Making-India" (Routledge, 2020)
- "The Present Image"(Palgrave Macmillan, 2018)
- "Dentro e Oltre l’Immagine" (Meltemi 2017)
- "India Dreams" (Stockholm Univ)