Roy is professor of general practice and a visiting professor at the University of Hasselt.
His passion is to find out best ways to deliver primary healthcare to people and the community.
Research interest are:
- continuity of care (focus on out of hours care, chronic and interdisciplinary care),
- the importance of the (natural) environment for health,
- medical education research.
He has over 30 years of experience in an Interdisciplinary primary care group practice (encompassing general practitioners, assistants, nurses, psychologists, social health workers) ) in a rural training practice at the border of Belgium and the Netherlands. This provides him with knowledge of key issues for research. Regional and international networks support his current work.
Statute & functions
Bijzonder academisch personeel
- emeritus with assignment
- Commissie Academisch Personeel Faculteit GGW (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)
- Examencommissie Manama Specialistische Geneeskunde (effectief raadgevend lid)
- Facultaire Evaluatiecommissie Faculteit GGW (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)
- Stuurgroep Communicatie (effectief stemgerechtigd lid)