1. The master is aware of the recent insights in the broad field of the organisation of learning in instructional and educational settings, on micro, meso and macro level.
2. The master is able to independently read and interpret specialist and scientific literature and to critically reflect on it.
3. The master has problem solving skills which enable him/her to analyse problems in instructional and educational settings and to suggest scientifically sound solutions.
4. The master is able to formulate an ethical, social and sound judgement based on incomplete information.
5. The master is able to use his/her insights to make an original contribution to the development of new knowledge and insights.
6. The master has research skills which enable him/her to do independent scientific research.
7. The master has the learning skills which enable him/her to detect needs in his/her personal professional development and to form his /her professional development through self-direction.
8. The master is able to communicate knowledge, motives, considerations, methods and conclusions clearly and unambiguously, orally and in writing, to an audience of specialists and non-specialists.
9. The master has the social skills to function in a team in an instructional or educational setting and the management skills to lead such a team.
10. The master has a critical-scientific and reflective attitude.