This programme is aimed at non-Dutch-speaking students who want to prepare to study in Dutch.
The programme consists of a combination of language acquisition and three modules designed to deepen your knowledge. We start at absolute beginner-level and finish at Level 5, with the Interuniversity Test for Dutch as a Foreign Language serving as the final exam.
The most experienced Linguapolis teachers coach you in your language learning process. The programme also comprises cultural activities (museum visits, theatre visits, a Christmas party, a study trip to Ghent, etc). You are encouraged to practice your language skills within a buddy system with Dutch speaking students.
The programme has been designed for foreign students who want to devote one year of full-time and intensive study to establishing and perfecting their knowledge of the Dutch language and to immerse themselves in Flemish society and academic culture.
- The students’ secondary school qualifications are sufficient for enrolment at a university in the country where they were obtained.
- Students have an intermediate knowledge of English (CEFR B1).
- Students must previously have studied a European language as a foreign language, either at school or in a language course. The Linguapolis teaching method is based upon the assumption that the students are familiar with foreign language learning.
- The programme consists of 480 contact hours (60 credits) and meets the requirement for obtaining a student visa.
- You are enrolled at the University of Antwerp, receive a student card and can use university facilities (library, student restaurant, sports facilities, etc).
- This fulltime programme consists of 15 hours of daytime classes per week.
- The programme starts with a welcome week in September and ends in June.
- Classes are organized at the Stadscampus.
- Class groups consist of approximately 15-19 students so teachers can take an interactive, communicative approach in which all students’ needs are addressed.