From theory to practice with a solid methodologic foundation
- How fast is the coronavirus spreading, and how can we slow it down?
- What makes people sick? Certain genes? Certain behaviour? Environmental hazards? Other determinants?
- How do we best diagnose diseases? What is the prognosis of a disease? What improves or worsens the prognosis?
- How effective are interventions in daily practice?
As an epidemiologist, you learn to formulate an answer to these questions.
Epidemiology studies disease occurrence and health states in diverse populations, and is the core science in the field of public health. Epidemiologists have become indispensable in:
- the design, performance and analysis of applied medical scientific research
- the application of medical scientific knowledge in the development of public health policy
Are you interested in applied medical scientific research? Do you want to learn how to translate that into practice and policy? Then our epidemiology programme may be for you!
The University of Antwerp’s Master of Epidemiology is unique in Flanders.
Why study Epidemiology in Antwerp?
- Focus on epidemiological methods. You will learn how to design studies, measure occurrence and association and assess bias. You will also acquire competencies in statistics.
- Link with public health. You will learn to identify and propose solutions to health problems in society by conducting epidemiological research.
- Translate research into policy and practice. You will also gain insight into converting research results into practice and how this can influence policy.
- International classrooms. You will join a group of students from all over the world with different backgrounds. This diversity will broaden your view.
- Green campus and the city within reach. Your classes are held on Campus Drie Eiken. You will receive lectures in large, modern auditoriums and practice your skills in well-equipped practical rooms.