1. The Master has insight in the determinants of health and public health at local and international level.
2. The Master has insight in the basis of and knows the main developments in epidemiology and performs empirical research concerning socially relevant and complex problems related to health and healthcare on an individual and at population level.
3. The Master makes an independent specific contribution to correct and relevant epidemiological research in a multidisciplinary context (computer scientists, statisticians, health economists, policy makers, healthcare workers,...).
4. The Master has command of relevant high quality software for epidemiological research and analysis.
5. The Master translates a healthcare problem into a scientific research question, writes a scientifically founded research proposal and draws up a detailed plan for datacollection, datamanagement and data-analysis.
6. The Master aims to contribute to a sustainable improvement of local and global healthcare.
7. Using specific epidemiological expertise, the Master contributes to the translation of research results into policy proposals and this in an interprofessional context.
8. The Master communicates the purpose and the results of epidemiological research in a scientifically correct and clear manner to peers, policy makers and the general public.
9. The Master critically reflects on their own and other people's research and assumes a scientific, honest, professional and ethical attitude having eye for diversity.
10. The Master can work process and result directed in a competitive environment.
11. The Master has developed an attitude that allows them to maintain their epidemiological expertise up-to-date for life in an independent and self-directed way.