Master of Linguistics and Literary Studies: One Language
This programme offers a range of courses in the fields of both linguistics and literary studies in 5 languages: German, English, French, Dutch and Spanish. Courses are taught in Dutch and in the target languages. If you choose English as your language of study, your programme can be fully taught in English.
Regardless of the language you choose, you take at least one linguistics course and one literature course. The master thesis constitutes an important part of the degree.
- 60 ECTS-credits
- Faculty of Arts
- Direct: academic bachelor of linguistics and literature; NL: bachelor X language and culture (X= German, English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish), bachelor X Language and Culture (X= German, English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish)
- With permission: other academic bachelors
- With bridging programme: professional bachelor of education: secundary education - option German, English, French or Dutch, professional bachelor of office management (major: business translator-interpreter, management assistant or international management assistant), professional bachelor of journalism after permission; NL: HBO bachelor Business Administration, Business management, International Business and Languages, teacher 2nd level French, English or Dutch
Language requirements for English
If English is not your first or native language and you intend to enrol in the Master of Linguistics and Literature: English you must provide evidence of sound written and spoken English skills.
All students have to have level C1 (Effective Operational Proficiency) of the Common European Framework of Reference.
Accepted minimal qualifications:
- (1) Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): Internet-based: 110-120
- (2) International English Language Testing System (IELTS): overall score of at least 7,0 in each testing area
- (3) Interuniversity Test of Academic English (ITACE): C1 certificate
Please note that test scores cannot be older than two years.