Analysis and context
1. The master can analyse and synthesise complex urban dynamics based on qualitative and quantitative development analysing methods and techniques.
2. The master can explain complex urban dynamics using current scientific insights and theories.
3. The master can identify the main administrative-institutional and social causes of complex urban dynamics and can place them in a historical context.
4. The master is able to make a three-dimensional design at different scales motivated from a scientific urban analysis with a view to qualitative and sustainable urban development in line with the institutional and social context.
5. The master has insight in the international current planning and design theories and methods and the international planning practice and applies this creatively and innovatively in a development design.
6. The master is able to integrate knowledge in a development design in a multidisciplinary team and has insight in the adjoining disciplines such as physical and socio-economic geography, environmental studies and mobility and public administration.
7. The master can argue and defend a development design or policy proposal orally and in writing, using digital and analog presentation techniques, whereby the communication style is fit for the target audience.
8. The master has a curious attitude which enables him to independently remain up to date on the current scientific developments in the area of design and urban development policy through international scientific literature.
Implementation and execution
9. The master is able to translate a development design from a strategic and execution-oriented position into a concrete and feasible implementation strategy, taking into account financial, administrative and legal requirements.
10. The master is able to manage a policy process in an administrative and political environment with various actors flexibly but purposefully to execute complex urban development plans and projects, taking into account professional deontology and ethics.
Evaluation and research
11. The master can critically evaluate the scientific quality of designs and urban development studies based on insight in scientific-philosophical theories and scientific methods.
12. The master can evaluate the impact of urban development plans in regards to man, environment and mobility with a view to sustainable urban development and urban quality.
13. The master is able to evaluate an urban development permit or development plan on urban quality and to check it against the existing legal administrative framework in a clear and motivated recommendation.