1. The master has advanced scientific understanding and technological knowledge in water technology and in integrated water management.
2. The master has in-depth knowledge of new technologies for water use and reuse based on an integrated water resources management approach.
3. The master has the knowledge and skills to select and apply relevant tools for collecting, interpreting and assessing (qualitative and quantitative) information from a variety of relevant sources on water technology and integrated water management.
4. The master has the ability to assess the quality and relevance of studies performed by others.
5. The master has the skills to take an active part in evaluation work him-/herself.
6. The master has the ability to formulate integrated proposals as a contribution to the solution and prevention of water related problems.
7. The master has the skill to critically analyse policy plans, management proposals and measures for implementation and to contribute to their set up.