Application procedure in 4 steps
- Register in Mobility Online
- Fill in personal details and complete requested extra questions
- Wait for approval of your application
- Pay the participation fee and upload requested additional documents within 10 days after approval to secure your spot
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online before 15 June 2022. The applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and the selection criteria will be focused on the diversity of participants (background, sports, geographic location). Prospect participants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as the number of places is very limited. Applications submitted after the deadline will be considered on a case-by-case basis. After having registered, you will automatically receive an email with further guidelines to complete your application.
Upon successful submission, you will receive an automatic reply to confirm your application. In case your application is accepted, you will receive an email with more practical information on payment and visa. Note that your subscription is only valid when the participation fee is received by the summer school’s secretariat.
Accepted students will be registered as regular students of the University of Antwerp and will hence receive a student account allowing them to have access to the catering facilities and the Wi-Fi network of the University of Antwerp. Furthermore, accepted students will be automatically insured under the policy of the University of Antwerp.
The fee includes course materials, lunches, coffee breaks, social activities and a networking dinner. It does not include travel and accommodation.
Disclaimer - Cancellation
Cancellation by the organisation
Should the summer school be cancelled by the organiser for organisational reasons or as a result of force majeure, the organiser will refund the registration fee. Claims for further liabilities or damages are excluded.
Cancellation by the participant
If the participant cancels more than 4 weeks before the start of the summer school, 50% of the registration fee can be reimbursed. If the participant cancels within 4 weeks before the start of the summer school, € 100 of the registration fee will be refunded, unless otherwise mentioned on the website of the specific summer school. All refunds are made in euros. The organisation cannot refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations or bank charges.
This cancellation policy applies also in case of changing travel regulations and/or in case of a positive test for covid-19 before or during summer school.
All refunds are made in euros. The organisation cannot refund any shortfalls due to exchange rate fluctuations or bank charges.
Scholarships for University of Antwerp students
Two types of scholarships are available for students who are currently enrolled as regular students of the University of Antwerp.
- Refund of €150/student after attending a summer or winter school organised at Antwerp Summer and Winter University. Students should prefinance the full registration fee and can claim a reimbursement of the allowance after submitting a certificate of attendance and proof of payment to the Antwerp Summer and Winter University Office. The following students qualify for this refund: University of Antwerp students regularly enrolled under a diploma contract in a Bachelor, Master, Advanced Master, Preparatory Programme, Bridging Programme or Academic Teaching Programme, in either academic year 2021-2022 or 2022-2023.
- Scholarship for a short international experience for students who qualify for financial aid by the Department of Social, Cultural and Studentaffairs (SCS) .
Please refer to Blackboard ("een internationale ervaring > beurzen") or contact the Antwerp Summer and Winter University Office for more information on these scholarships.
Reduced fees for refugees residing in Belgium
Attending a summer or winter school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€50) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer or winter school participants. Please note that each summer or winter school has its own specific admission requirements, including prior qualifications.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer and Winter University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer or winter schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
- Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer or winter school.
- Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekersScan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees:Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugeeScan of both sides of the residence permit of your family memberProof of family composition.
Contact and more information
- For more information on Antwerp Summer and Winter University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Jasper Vanhaelemeesch (firstname.lastname@example.org or +32 3 265 50 69).
- For special information for refugees looking to study at the University of Antwerp, please visit this webpage or make an appointment with Ms Parul Goel (email@example.com or +32 3 265 31 91).