Accreditations are quality assurance mechanisms for business schools. They ensure we meet specific academic standards, indicating our commitment to high-quality education and research. For our students, these accreditations assure the relevance and strength of their diploma. For our faculty, they also enhance our opportunities for collaboration with other universities worldwide. In short, they're incredible important.
At this moment, we are the only business faculty in Flanders with multiple international accreditations:
- Since 2005 all FBE's management programmes are accredited by AACSB.
- Accreditation by NVAO is mandatory for all programmes in Flanders.
- In 2020, the Faculty's EFMD accreditation for its Business Economics and Business Engineering degrees was renewed for 5 more years.
- In 2023, the Faculty of Business and Economics, including the activities, the postgraduate and the executive portfolio of the Antwerp Management School (AMS), has obtained the prestigious EQUIS accreditation for a period of 3 years.
In the higher education landscape, there exists a wide range of rankings, each of which using their own methods to asses the quality of universities worldwide. Some rankings pertain to the entire University of Antwerp, while others are specific to the Faculty of Business and Economics.
Financial Times rankings
Since 2005, the Financial Times has ranked the best Masters in Management globally. The ranking has gained a lot of importance over the years. In the Financial Times European Business Schools Ranking 2023, the University of Antwerp is selected as the only Flemish university and has placed 88th.
Our Master in Business Economics made it into the Financial Times Masters in Management Ranking for the first time in 2018. UAntwerp is ranked 87th in 2023, a few places higher than last year, and was placed 6th worldwide in terms of value for money.
Young University Rankings
UAntwerp, which was founded in 2003, scores extremely well in Young University Rankings
- Times Higher Education Millennials 2020 - Rank 5
- Times Higher Education Young University Ranking 2023 - Rank 7
- QS 50 Under 50 2021 - Rank 20
World University Rankings
Besides that, the UAntwerp is ranked in the: