Chairs at the University of Antwerp can only be established through the contributions of individuals, associations and companies. The themes and objectives of chairs may vary, but there is always a link back to society. Activities undertaken within the scope of a chair could include: attracting a guest professor, organising a series of lectures, teaching a new subject, conducting research... there are many possibilities, as long as the focus remains on the three key aspects of education, service provision and research.
Establishing a chair is very simple. Let's go over the practical details.
A few conditions:
- A chair must have a minimum duration of three years with an annual minimum amount of 70,000 euros.
- Each chair is established in consultation with the faculty concerned. It gives you the unique opportunity to link your organisation or brand to the name of the chair.
- A chair usually focuses on three pillars: education, research & service provision.
- A chair can be established by means of a donation or a contract.
- Make a donation into bank account number BE42 7310 4624 7854 including the payment reference 'fiscaal attest' (tax certificate) and the name of the research project
- No contract or agreement needed
- Not subject to VAT
- You will receive a tax certificate for your donation
- Agreement between the two parties
- Certain arrangements can be made in the contract
- Subject to 21% VAT, payment by invoice
- No tax certificate